Interesting python facts include…
- Pythons are nonvenomous reptiles that inhabit the jungles, plains, prairies, marshlands and other wooded areas of Southeast Asia, Australia, Madagascar and Africa.
- Burmese pythons are endemic to Southeast Asia, particularly Indochina, Malayan islands, Thailand, Burma and the southern region of China.
- Pythons are carnivorous animals that perceive nearby quarry through heat-sensors on their faces.
- When the prey gets within reach, the pythons coil their bodies around the animal after seizing it with their sharp teeth.
- Instead of being crushed to death, the prey usually dies from asphyxia.
- The diet of pythons primarily depends on their sizes. Larger pythons can feed on larger animals, such as monkeys, pigs and antelopes.
- Smaller pythons usually prey on smaller mammals or reptiles, such as rodents, birds, lizards and domestic fowl.
- In their natural habitats, pythons do not feed on a daily basis. They can survive for weeks from a single meal.