Interesting facts about pandas include…
- Giant pandas once lived in the lowlands of central China; however, farming practices and human development caused the pandas to retreat to the mountains of those regions.
- Pandas reside in forests that are rich in coniferous leaves and dense under-stories of bamboo.
- Pandas have a distinct black and white coat that is dense and thick to protect against cooler climates.
- Their strong jaws and teeth help it to successfully chew tough bamboo, which comprises 99 percent of their diet.
- Although many view pandas as cute, harmless animals, it is important to note that panda bears are just as large and potentially dangerous as other bear species.
- The panda bear is an endangered species.