Interesting facts about foxes include…
- Foxes are carnivorous wild dogs found in the Northern Hemisphere in urban parks and woodland areas.
- Foxes mainly prey on rabbits, lizards and birds, but also scavenge for food in urban areas. Its main predators are bears, eagle and humans.
- There are approximately 12 fox species around the world, including the red fox or urban fox, which is the most common.
- Foxes live in a diverse number of climates. For example, the sand fix is found in desert regions and is a light-colored fox.
- The white Arctic fox is found in the Arctic region. Foxes are found in brown, tan, red and black colors.