Some interesting facts about turtles include the following:
- The turtle species are said to be more than 200 million years old and still continue to share many of the same characteristics in size, appearance and abilities.
- Present-day turtles are recorded to live to be more than 100 years old.
- There are several different types of turtle species all of which range from critters that that weigh less than a few ounces to those that weigh more than a half ton.
- Turtles are also documented to live on every continent that allows its the breeding cycle to take place, which excludes Antarctica.
- One of the most iconic parts of a turtle is its shell. The shell is made up of 60 bones, all of which are connected together and covered in scutes or are plates made from their skin.