Interesting facts about crocodiles include…
- Crocodiles are carnivorous, semi-aquatic reptiles that live near the waters of the Americas, Australia, Asia and Africa.
- Crocodiles’ size and weight vary from the 4-foot dwarf crocodile to the 23-foot saltwater crocodile.
- Crocodiles are lay-in-wait predators that lunge and surprise passing prey.
- They do not hunt or chase their prey and can go very long periods of time without eating.
- Crocodiles’ ears, eyes and nostrils are on the top of their heads to allow them to see, smell and hear while being nearly immersed in water.
- Crocodiles can replace their teeth up to 50 times during their 30- to 70-year lifespan.